Unlocking Your World of Creativity
with Mark Stinson
I am a Brand Innovator – an experienced marketer, a venture catalyst, and a skilled group facilitator. My work has included market assessment, branding, and marketing strategy for health, science, and technology products in pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, medical devices, provider networks, and clinical research tools. But what I really do is help people think more creatively, break down barriers, and have more fun at work!
I'm a frequent speaker, trainer, and facilitator for sales meetings, advisory boards, and strategy workshops. I have published of four business books, Patient Activation, ForwardFast Branding, N-of-8, and Customer CHEMistry. I've also contributed to motivational books, Living in the Now and Alone In My Universe. Plus, I've designed a series of inspirational creative journals. I have received the Brand Leadership Award from the Asia Brand Congress for global marketing efforts. I was included in the PharmaVoice 100 Most Inspiring People in the Life-Sciences Industry My wife, Jenny, and I have five children, a golden retriever, and a stray cat. We live in beautiful Boise, Idaho.
Share an experience that has shaped who you are today.
My career in marketing, communications, and branding spans almost 40 years. I am founder and principal of Bioscience Bridge, LLC. I also serve as a brand strategy consultant for 83bar, LLC. Previously, I was senior vice president of brand strategy at GSW. My career includes positions as president of a global brand consultancy, president and chief creative officer of an independent healthcare communications firm, and managing partner of an Omnicom medical ad agency. The job I that shaped my business life was being a paperboy for 7 years in junior high and high school.
Tell us about your podcast audience.
In more than 200 episodes, we've attracted a global audience -- in fact, we often rank in markets around the world like Kenya, Netherlands, Sri Lanka, and Sweden.
What makes your podcast unique?
My podcast, Unlocking Your World of Creativity, is about taking action with your ideas. We discuss these topics: - How to tap into your most original thinking - Inspiration from your own experience - Specific tools, exercises, and formulas to organize your ideas - Most of all, how to make connections and create opportunities to produce creative work. Specifically, we will talk about your creative process and work.
Today, we traveled over to London to chat with Jay Tepley.
Jay is an author, entrepreneur, international speaker, and passionate mental health advocate. Her Unbreakable ONE program has shown many men the road to personal power and renewed hope and is credited with saving many lives. She helps entrepreneurs overcome depression through her proven masculine-geared system of spiritual evolution.
In this episode, we discuss exploring becoming a new hero in today’s era and the key to entrepreneurs (more specifically male) succeeding through practicing mindfulness and understanding what it means to be your authentic self.
Jay explains the key for every entrepreneur who wants to succeed is not because you have business problems, but rather you have personal problems that are showing up in your business.
- Everything that you are going through personally is reflected in your choices, in your productivity, and ultimately in the way that your business grows.
- The quality of your customers or your students directly reflects the quality of your thoughts and your inner work.
She explains the rate of male depression and suicides is nearly double that of female
- Men need an action plan and action steps to resolve situations and to really succeed in whatever task they set themselves to achieve.
Jay sees a real gap in the support that men need.
There is not much help available to support male entrepreneurs. There are therapists and coaching groups that are mainly designed to support the average Joe. Someone who works in nine to five, who goes with the crowd, who just follows certain principles established by society. “To break free from that mold is a real challenge, especially if you’re doing it on your own with no mentor by your side”
- The male entrepreneur is someone who decides to go and create his own world.
- A true masculine principle wants to be in control, wants to be a creator of his reality, his life to be in charge. But for that, men need more understanding of their true nature
- If you become a more powerful, whole and integrated being, your business will prosper. And you will take over the compensation that stumbles in their own fears, traumas, and insecurities.
She describes the way forward as being “ a combination of the physical part and the spiritual energy part, The soul, the spirit, the mind. And we need to address both parts, and we need to integrate them to work, perform, and run our business to our ultimate capacity.
Being More Authentic
- Once you remember how to be authentic, you don’t actually want to be inauthentic anymore because it takes a lot more effort.
- you want to go with what’s easier and more pleasurable.
- being yourself is a lot more effortless, is a lot more fulfilling for your heart and your soul
- Tapping into that superpower you don’t ever want to go back to creating some sort of a mask or a persona about yourself
Lastly, what steps could we take as we become more authentic, an action step, activity or an exercise that we might employ?
Exercise: Set up an alarm on your phone, five times a day, 30 seconds
Notice your breathing and make it a little bit deeper. Relax your shoulders, relax your jaw. We usually carry a lot of tension in our bodies without realizing it. Analyze what it is you’re doing at that moment. Read it and why, and what you are feeling and why.
- Look at kids like little children, how they are in their element.
- The important thing is not to judge your observations as they come in.
- Imagine yourself as a scientist or a researcher that goes into a new unknown world, and his only task is to write down everything that he finds
Stay in touch with Jay and follow her work.
Feel free to get in touch.
Also, Jay’s book “The Lightwatch Chronicles” is being made into a dramatized audio series, so you can actually experience it and step into that world. So follow her on social media and stay tuned for that exciting new project’s release.